К списку форумов К списку тем
Регистрация    Правила    Главная форума    Поиск   
Рекомендовать в новости

горькие новости - скончался Крис Сквайр

Гость
0 - 28.06.2015 - 21:21
http://www.intermedia.ru/news/279720

Крис Сквайр, один из основателей и многолетний басист группы Yes, скончался 28 июня 2015 года в возраста 67 лет в Фениксе, Аризона, спустя месяц после того, как у него диагностировали редкую форму лейкемии. Эту информацию первым сообщил нынешний клавишник коллектива Джефф Даунс, а затем она была подтверждена на официальной странице Yes в фейсбуке:

- С тяжелым сердцем и невыносимой печалью мы должны сообщить вам, что наш дорогой друг Крис Сквайр покинул нас. Крис мирно скончался этой ночью на руках у своей любящей жены Скотти.

Крис Браун и Джон Андерсон основали группу Yes в 1968 году, познакомившись в одном из пабов Лондона. В этом же году группа выпустила свой дебютный альбом. Крис был стержнем Yes и единственным, кто принимал участие в записи абсолютно всех альбомов группы. Кроме того, что он был признан феноменальным бас-гитаристом, которому подражали и у которого учились многие, он также являлся соавтором многих песен и выпустил сольный альбом «Fish Out of Water».

вот и окончательно закончилась моя молодость.

Гость
1 - 28.06.2015 - 21:24
... в 2012 году в декабре в Москве был отменён концерт Yes, на который у меня уже были куплены билеты.
В прошлом году выбор пал на Гебриеля - даты разнились на пару недель и на Yes я просто уже не успевал.

Счастие, что успел посмотреть их на первом и единственном в России концерте 30. 10.2000 в Кремле. Сквайр был просто феноменален.

Эх...
Гость
2 - 28.06.2015 - 21:27

... достал диск с его автографом и воткнул. Magnification.
Гость
3 - 28.06.2015 - 22:16
R.I.P. Очень жаль, хороший басист был и юморной человек (смотрел пару его мастер-классов, он с юмором рассказывал всякие байки из жизни музыкантов).
Гость
4 - 28.06.2015 - 23:39
Как жалко((Ещё одна легенда покинула нас
Гость
5 - 29.06.2015 - 08:14
Жаль.
Гость
6 - 29.06.2015 - 09:43
1-Janek >концерт был 31 октября 2001...стыдно забывать
Гость
7 - 29.06.2015 - 09:43
Господи, помяни во Царствие своем Криса....
Гость
8 - 29.06.2015 - 09:56
Покойся в мире. Чёрт. Что же за мор такой пошёл раковый на хороших людей-то, а? ((
Гость
9 - 29.06.2015 - 11:08
6-Гарри Погоняйло > разве в 2001? давно дело было, увы. даты запоминаются хуже, чем впечатления от Сквайра, игравшего соло на литаврах.

8-myshelove > связано с общим ростом продолжительности жизни, ИМХО. раньше успевали умереть от чего-то другого еще в молодом возрасте, и до рака просто не доживали.
Гость
10 - 29.06.2015 - 14:05
9-Janek >да в 2001
Гость
11 - 29.06.2015 - 14:07
[img][/img]http://v.img.com.ua/nxs98/b/600x500/5/d0/3cd8faf09af419cc0fcc7cdf6f9f1d05.jpg[img][/img]
Гость
12 - 29.06.2015 - 14:09
Гость
13 - 29.06.2015 - 14:11
Гость
14 - 29.06.2015 - 14:12
Гость
15 - 29.06.2015 - 14:15
Гость
16 - 29.06.2015 - 14:30
Гость
17 - 29.06.2015 - 14:32
Гость
18 - 29.06.2015 - 14:36

Гость
19 - 29.06.2015 - 21:27
Что-то басисты из команд 70-х стали часто уходить, то Тревор Болдер, то Джек Брюс, а сейчас вот Крис Сквайр к ним присоединился. Гловер и Джон Пол Джонс - держитесь ребята!
Гость
20 - 30.06.2015 - 10:03
19-Stratus >а Тревор Болдер это кто?
Гость
21 - 30.06.2015 - 13:38
Chris was a very special part of my life; we were musical brothers. He was an amazingly unique bass player - very poetic - and had a wonderful knowledge of harmony. We met at a certain time when music was very open, and I feel blessed to have created some wonderful, adventurous, music with him. Chris had such a great sense of humor... he always said he was Darth Vader to my Obiwan. I always thought of him as Christopher Robin to my Winnie the Pooh.

We travelled a road less travelled and I'm so thankful that he climbed the musical mountains with me. Throughout everything, he was still my brother, and I'm so glad we were able to reconnect recently. I saw him in my meditation last night, and he was radiant. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Love and light.....Jon

I have so many wonderful memories of working with Chris and many of those in recent years. We once spent an entire journey after a gig trying to remember all the lyrics to “My Old Man’s A Dustman” – we eventually gave up on that one!

I’ll miss seeing him looking across the stage – a wink here and a wink there with that Mephistophelean grin particularly if something had gone slightly awry. He was a legendary bassist, loveable funny guy both on and off the stage. He took bass guitar to another level and inspired thousands of others, the undisputed king of the 4 strings. Many will cite Chris as the reason why they picked up the instrument in the first place.

We became close over the last few years, and spent a lot of time together socially as well as on the tours. He was always greatly entertaining with his countless tales of rock and roll, and his own personal spin on life. Despite his imposing figure, he had a really soft, gentle and charitable side. Always magnanimous to band, crew and fans alike. Although essentially captain of the YES ship he displayed very much a laissez-faire attitude towards the band and a nonchalance to life in general. I am eternally grateful that he was a great advocate of my playing and encouraged my own musical contributions. I learnt an enormous amount and gained great confidence from his support.

Many of the funny stories were from airports. His lateness was famous. Back on the Drama tour, we had a private jet and suitcases were always collected early from outside hotel room. Chris had somehow packed his trousers and shirt, turned up at the airport and got on the plane wearing just a long jacket and underpants. “Sorry I’m late” he said, without the slightest hint anything was untoward.

Another time we were all waiting to go on stage and – no Chris. Thus followed a panic to find out where he was. He had apparently fallen asleep in the bath and had to get the fire marshall to break down his hotel room door. We ended up taking the stage an hour late, with Chris arriving asking “is there a problem”?

But one thing for sure is that he always delivered. The stage was his world. His attention to the minutest details of the music was immense – you certainly couldn’t get away with playing the wrong inversions of the chords anywhere, or anything out of line. He would come over with his inimitable casual fashion and point out “That’s not quite right”.

As a person he loved life to the full – a glass of wine, fine food, tennis, motor racing, and an enthusiast for everything musical. His thunderous bass rig with the sub Taurus pedals rattling the stages was legendary – the ‘Wall of Doom’ as it was known housing some 30 speakers dominating an entire side of the stage. He was one of the few bassists who had the audacity to pick up a triple-necked instrument without the slightest hint of irony, and, probably the only one who could actually play the bloody thing!

A musician’s musician. A genius. I’m going to miss him greatly.

— Geoffrey Downes (@asiageoff) June 28, 2015

I knew, like many of us, that Chris was seriously ill with a rare form of leukaemia, but had heard the encouraging news that he was responding well to treatment and so felt optimistic that with treatment, love and prayer, he would beat it.

Ironically I wrote to Paul Silveira, (the manager of YES), on Friday evening to enquire how Chris was and heard the desperately sad news yesterday.

The phone has not stopped ringing and my inbox is overflowing with tributes from so many people which simply shows the effect that his contribution to music made to so many of us, musicians and fans alike.

We have now lost, who for me, are the two greatest bass players classic rock has ever known. John Entwistle and now Chris.

There can hardly be a bass player worth his salt who hasn’t been influenced by one or both of these great players. Chris took the art of making a bass guitar into a lead instrument to another stratosphere and coupled with his showmanship and concern for every single note he played, made him something special.

Although Chris is no longer with us in human form, his music has not gone with him and that will be around long after all who read this will also have departed this mortal coil.

That’s the great gift of music.

That gift can be passed on with what has been created and so Chris will always live on. I, like all of you, send my heartfelt condolences to all Chris’s extended family and may there be some solace for them in knowing the impact he had on so many of us.

Chris’s passing, truly marks the end of an era.

Rick Wakeman
28th June 2015

Really saddened to hear of the death of my old Yes band-mate, Chris Squire. I shall remember him fondly; one of the twin rocks upon which Yes was founded and, I believe, the only member to have been present and correct, Rickenbacker at the ready, on every tour. He and I had a working relationship built around our differences. Despite, or perhaps because of, the old chestnut about creative tension, it seemed, strangely, to work.

He had an approach that contrasted sharply with the somewhat monotonic, immobile bass parts of today. His lines were important; counter-melodic structural components that you were as likely to go away humming as the top line melody; little stand-alone works of art in themselves. Whenever I think of him, which is not infrequently, I think of the over-driven fuzz of the sinewy staccato hits in Close to the Edge (6’04” and on) or a couple of minutes later where he sounds like a tuba (8’.00”). While he may have taken a while to arrive at the finished article, it was always worth waiting for. And then he would sing a different part on top.

An individualist in an age when it was possible to establish individuality, Chris fearlessly staked out a whole protectorate of bass playing in which he was lord and master. I suspect he knew not only that he gave millions of people pleasure with his music, but also that he was fortunate to be able to do so. I offer sincere condolences to his family.

Adios, partner. Bill Bruford.

Hi everyone,
I am about as sad as I could be.
You all I’m sure know by now that Chris has passed.
I spoke to him about a week ago, and we were still laughing together.
Even though he had recently taken a turn for the worse, this was not totally unexpected, and the shock and sadness is extreme. I will miss him terribly.
An era is over. Music has lost a one of a kind, and I have lost a dear friend and brother. RIP

Trevor Rabin

Very sad to hear of Chris Squire’s passing. We were friends for over 45 years. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

John Wetton

Last night, with some old friends in distant places, I shared a conference call and toast to the memory of the great bassist Chris Squire.

We discussed how we’d been deeply influenced by his music, we shared stories, favorite concerts and songs – and even realized that in a convoluted way we had only met each other, back in the early 80’s, because of Chris.

He re-wrote the rules of playing bass lines, he gave his instrument a voice uniquely his, and he touched many of us with his music. What more can you aspire to.

Tony Levin

I'm sorry to hear that Chris Squire is gone. he was a great player in one of the best rock bands ever. He forged his own unique style, something few musicians can say.

Chris came to hear The Bears once and loved the band. later he said in an interview The Bears were the most exciting live band he’d heard since The Who in the 60’s. A huge compliment.

Speaking of The Who, I know the 3 bassists who influenced a young Julie Slick were Jack Bruce, John Entwhistle, and Chris Squire. All greats of their time. It’s your time now Julie, and you deserve it.

Rest in peace, Chris.

So…when I heard Chris Squire had passed away my first thoughts were of Julie Slick because I knew how much his playing meant to her.

Here is my real tribute to Chris:

In the early 1970s I was a starving guitarist. I had joined a new band called Zarada (supposedly it was Czechoslovakian for “garden”). I guess you had to be there. The Beatles were gone and now we were caught up in the newest music, something called “Progressive Rock”.

We were entirely immersed in the music of two bands, King Crimson and Yes. “Roundabout” was playing on the radio about every other 10 minutes and it was announced Yes were coming to play in my town (Cincinnati) at a large club called Reflections.

Through some local finagling Zarada managed to be the first of two opening acts for Yes. It was our first and only performance, we sucked the moon out of the sky. And that was the end of Zarada.

But earlier that afternoon I got to watch Yes’s soundcheck. First my favorite drummer Bill Bruford came out to tune his drums and play a few fills. I was apoplectic. Then Chris Squire appeared on stage, made a few remarks to the soundman (as I have done 1000 times since) and launched into Fish. I had never heard a bass player play what he played then and my idea of bass playing has never been the same since. And that’s my tribute.

Adrian Belew

Гость
22 - 30.06.2015 - 13:50
Лучшее, Крис Сквайр.

http://www.vh1.com/news/31811/chris-...greatest-bass/
Гость
23 - 30.06.2015 - 16:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ln9T76ieaA
Гость
24 - 30.06.2015 - 16:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUWn90y7Kgc
Гость
25 - 30.06.2015 - 20:36
Цитата:
Сообщение от Гарри Погоняйло Посмотреть сообщение
19-Stratus >а Тревор Болдер это кто?
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91...B2%D0%BE%D1%80
Гость
26 - 01.07.2015 - 09:10
25-Stratus >понятно
Гость
27 - 03.07.2015 - 10:34
Message from Chris Squire’s wife, Scotland Squire, 1 July 2015

My best friend and the love of my life Chris Squire will be cremated today in Scottsdale, Arizona at 3:00pm.

Read more at http://yesworld.com/#OGsuDwyxbde2gdij.99
Гость
28 - 11.07.2015 - 13:58
жаль...
Гость
29 - 05.08.2015 - 23:23
Печально.Знаковая фигура была.Yes распустится. (((
Гость
30 - 06.08.2015 - 10:33
29-Мракобесие и джаз > Yes как такового нету уже с 2004.
и, увы, не распустится - американский тур 2015 года состоится с Билли Шервудом на басу вместо Криса.
Мы наблюдаем, увы, торговую марку YES, а не музыку, которую мы пронесли в сердце сквозь десятилетия.
Гость
31 - 06.08.2015 - 10:49
кто там на басу вместо Криса я не нашел, но уже давно весь 2016год расписан.....видать с продажами дисков совсем плохо...
Гость
32 - 06.08.2015 - 10:52
шли бы они на покой уже Хауи с Уайтом.....а о Раундэбаут уже раздражатьстал за 44 года его исполнения!
Гость
33 - 06.08.2015 - 11:51
Цитата:
Сообщение от Janek Посмотреть сообщение
29-Мракобесие и джаз > Yes как такового нету уже с 2004. и, увы, не распустится - американский тур 2015 года состоится с Билли Шервудом на басу вместо Криса. Мы наблюдаем, увы, торговую марку YES, а не музыку, которую мы пронесли в сердце сквозь десятилетия.
Это пижонство,лучше бы распустили,честнее бы было.Собрались бы под другой вывеской,тем более что опыт есть(AWBH)
Гость
34 - 06.08.2015 - 13:36
33-Мракобесие и джаз >ABWH
Гость
35 - 06.08.2015 - 16:40
Увы, не стоит путать YES который у нас в душе, с ЗАО "YES", всю суть которого было видно еще с альбома Union.

Billy Sherwood, new bassist for Yes band.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...DBfYhzPlYKO.99
Гость
36 - 06.08.2015 - 16:41
можно ставки принимать, кто следующий опрокинется. я ставлю на вайта, что-то он плохо выглядит.
Гость
37 - 06.08.2015 - 18:12
а Хау уже не лучше дедушки из резни механической пилой....а все играет...играет.......
Гость
38 - 06.08.2015 - 20:00
37-Тоска Вероники Фосс >да, прошло каких-то 25 лет, и дождались. он действительно на него стал похож
Гость
39 - 06.08.2015 - 22:59
Цитата:
Сообщение от Тоска Вероники Фосс Посмотреть сообщение
а Хау уже не лучше дедушки из резни механической пилой....а все играет...играет.......
Ну,играет он,положим,неплохо.

К списку вопросов

Copyright ©, Все права защищены